Disclaimer

All of the content, links, images, and opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not reflect the position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bought My First Article of Clothing

I know, the title of this blog post grabbed you immediately. The prospect of reading about my first purchase of clothing in Rwanda is quite enticing, so I don’t fault you for sitting on the edge of your seat as you read on…

Well, it’s true, I bought a shirt, a blue button down shirt (used of course). I checked for stains and tried to match the size, and after bargaining about the price we finally agreed. The reality is that I’m sure I still got ripped off relative to the price a local would have paid, but I can live with that fact.

In other news, I am officially finished with Model School. After a collective effort today by my group to teach “America Day”, in which we each taught about our state at different stations during the class, I am finally done with Model School. And I even learned a few things about Massachusetts in the process, though I mainly focused on talking about the Boston Tea Party. It’s weird, I never felt so much state pride while I was in the States, but now I really do take a lot of pride in Massachusetts. It’s where Basketball and Volleyball were invented (and arguably Ultimate), home of the first college, where the first computer was invented (MIT), home of the best sports teams in the nation, and of course, shout out to my home town where the great inventor of the graham cracker lived for much of his life and passed away, in good old Northampton. Thank you Mr. Graham, and may you rest in peace. As for the other amazing things that took place in Massachusetts, I suggest you set aside some time for some serious research if you hope to learn all the amazing facts about the history of the great state that is Massachusetts.

In other news, I need to figure out some worthwhile books to download on my Kindle before training ends and downloading books becomes much tougher once I’m at site. Any suggestions?

Okay, time to go learn more...

3 comments:

  1. how about anna karenina and a hero of our time? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a little disappointed you didn't talk about your state cookie... =P And congrats on finishing Model School/buying your first shirt!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. true story - nothing brings out your patriotism quite like being a PCV. =)

    ReplyDelete